Monday, October 1, 2012

Trinidad

My driver , Robbie

Last Thursday I flew to Newark in New Jersey ( got upgraded to First class , very nice ), stayed the night at a cheap hotel near the airport. Was up at 5.30am ( jet lag helps here ). Was at the airport at 7am , checked in had breakfast. Got on the plane that was to fly me to Houston , Texas , then to Trinidad. All seemed to be going well, then the pilot said there was engine trouble. I am always happy for the captain to discover engine trouble BEFORE we are in the air. So it was back to the terminal , and I got on the 11.48pm flight, that day, direct to Trinidad landing at 4.50am. I was again upgraded to First class , and got about 3 hours sleep. Upon landing I was taken to my guest house by Robbie. It’s the first time someone has held up the paper with my name on at the airport. Got one hour’s sleep at the guest house.
At 10 am I started the pro-life speaker’s course , the new one just developed by SPUC. There were 11 people for me to train. I almost fell asleep in my soup that night.
Was up early on Sunday as I was preaching in the Westside Community Church. Pastor Anthony Oliver very kindly shared his pulpit with me. There was a very good response after the service , see photo.
Sunday afternoon I did more training , this time with 12 students. I also did some training on population and the UN. I was again pretty tired last night , but slept well. Only one mosquito bit me last night.
I will be speaking in some high schools this week and doing more training next Saturday.

After Church last Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment