Sunday, September 29, 2013

I am a bit under the weather

After a terrific conference , Foundations 4 , at the Quinta , I collapsed. On Friday morning I felt very ill and could not get out of bed until 11am. I almost headed home , but thought I could make it to London. On Friday evening I slept for 12 hours and felt as little better , but had no appetite. On Saturday evening I was at a wedding in Faversham. Providentially I showed the bride my right leg and she said I had cellulitis, a serious bacterial infection. This lady is a nurse and she insisted that I see a doctor as soon as possible. Upon  arriving back at Manna House , Dave Stump got me to A & E at a local hospital and the doctor said I had cellulitis. He gave me two doses of a very strong anti-biotic , which I took last night and this morning. I now fell hungry again , my normal condition.

I will get the prescription filled out today and rest the leg. On Monday I just have a lunch appointment, so that will be a light day. On Tuesday I have a SPUC Evangelicals Committee meeting  in Bromham near Bedford. Please pray for my speedy recovery. On Wednesday week I plan to fly to the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment