Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Houses of Parliament

Rose and myself
On Monday this week I had lunch with Micheal Leary whom I knew from the Christian Embassy in New York. This very agreeable lunch led to my invitation this morning.

I started the day early by attending a communion service at St. Margaret's church right next to Westminster abbey. Then I was invited to hear Michael talk about his experiences on 911 and how he helped many people effected by that disaster.

We then took the photos opposite where we just had breakfast and listened to Michael's moving address. This was in the Speaker's apartments. I very much liked the fireplace there and considered nicking it as I intend to put a new fireplace in my own house. On mature consideration I calculated that it would not fit into my back pocket so abandoned this project.

After this I spent and very agreeable 30 minutes with Rose Hudson-Wilkin who is the Speaker's Chaplin in parliment.

So my " chance " lunch with Michael led to a very agreeable time. We then went to the cafe in Methodist Central Hall where I had a third breakfast , I might turn into a hobbit soon????

I have a very good meeting scheduled for tomorrow.
Myself and Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment