Friday, April 27, 2012

Commission on Population & Development

Here I am sitting in conf room 2 at the UN.

There was a chairman's text produced today at 1.30pm. It was meant to have been ready by 11am.
The plenary was meant to start at 3pm. It finally got going at 3.40pm. The chair , from Indonesia , then spent a lot of time explaining how his text was not perfect , " the perfect being the enemy of the good" etc. Then many countries spoke up , many not happy.Only the Holy See was sensible in their comments.

The meeting was suspended at 5pm for delegates to be browbeaten into submission ( I mean conslut ) and return at 5.30pm.

I have some beautiful photos to upload , but my smart phone is being bumb. If only I had not lost the cable that I could have used to connect the phone to my new laptop things would be better.

It is now 5.45pm and the room is nearly empty , the browbeating is taking longer than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment